MasterCast 355 - A powder Admixture For Improved Water Resistance In Mortar & Concrete
Formerly Rheomix 355
MasterCast 355 reduces passage of water through concrete and mortar. It considerably reduces water absorption. By a physical action MasterCast 355 seals the surface of the mortar/concrete, producing a low permeability system. The hydrophobic ingredient of MasterCast 355 is insoluble in water and therefore becomes a permanent constituent of hardened concrete.
MasterCast 355 also contains an air-entraining plasticiser which allows a reduction to be made in the water content of the mix whilst maintaining workability and the final strength of the concrete or mortar. MasterCast 355 does not adversely affect setting time.
Where is MasterCast 355 applied?
- To pre-cast concrete and reconstructed
- To reduce water ingress in in-situ concrete
and cement rendering.
What are the advantages of MasterCast 355?
- MasterCast 355 disperses rapidly upon contact
with the mixing water distributing itself
throughout the mix.
- Hydrophobic element is insoluble in
water.reduced labour costs
- Becomes a permanent constituent of the
hardened concrete and cannot evaporate
- Does not change the setting time of
cement, reduce strength of concrete or
- Has no chemical reaction. Its action is
physical and positive and is thus
- Water permeability and absorption is reduced,
hence it prevents movement that can arise
from intermittent wetting with a resultant
reduction in surface crazing.
- Reconstructed stone work stays cleaner
longer and has greater resistance to attack
from atmospheric acids.